Marketing Assistant and Social Media Manager
How would you like to work in a highly advanced research center where you are supporting chronic illness patients and you get to spend part of your day supporting cutting edge medical discoveries?
If you have a "do what it takes to get it done" attitude and answered ... Awesome! to the above questions… we have a mission for you!
Your mission — should you choose to accept it — is to join a fast-paced, constantly evolving healing center and natural medicine training organization that is developing supercharged remedies to help chronically ill patients!
The mission of the Lyme Research & Healing Center is to free over 1 million people from Lyme disease and multiple infections over the next ten years.
We are looking for a person who is heart-centered, willing to do what it takes, and highly detailed-oriented to grow our social media reach, impact and ROI using proven social media strategies, Facebook ads, Instagram posts, and growing an online community to create a powerful community experience for our current medical provider students and future customers.
We expect totally awesome copywriting and communication skills, along with the ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations. To supervise, administrate and encourage conversations in our online communities.
Company Conformance Statements:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Maintain HIPPAA medical privacy and data security.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Implement the design, strategy, schedule, and manage a social media engagement plan
- Create visually appealing, engaging and mission focused images and videos to accompany social posts
- Implement proven social media strategies including contests, Facebook ads and Instagram posts to boost membership and engagement
- Monitor traffic and engagement metrics across social media channels
- Perform basic website updates and page creation
- Create notification emails to subscribers
- Report on engagement and sale metrics from website pages, email campaigns, and products
Compensation is $17 to $20 per hour depending on your qualifications and experience
Paid vacation / sick days, training benefits, health conference attendance (depending upon Covid-19 regulations), and health care options (self-pay).
Position purpose/ Job Summary:
To provide operational support to the Marketing Manager.
To maintain office systems.
To provide assistance to clients.
This is a part-time role (minimum of 20 hours/week) requiring a commitment with availability Monday to Friday between 12pm – 6pm in our Frederick, Maryland office.
This role has some flexibility, but we want someone who is available to meet face-to-face on a daily basis to support our research and training programs in our healing clinic in Frederick, Maryland.
Work on evenings and some weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around online trainings and live events.
We are looking for someone to work part-time in-person at our Frederick, Maryland office.
Major Responsibilities/ Duties/Functions/Tasks:
Operational Support to Marketing Manager
[ ] Make sure email campaigns are written, grammar checked and scheduled to send.
[ ] Make sure website and landing pages are operational and grammatically correct.
[ ] Prepare any new graphics for upcoming campaigns;
[ ] Report on engagement and sales metrics;
[ ] Respond to client emails and questions.
[ ] Update the blog section of the website.
[ ] Ensures webinars are scheduled in Zoom
[ ] Ensures webinar emails are scheduled in Kajabi
[ ] Edits and posts any replay videos.
[ ] Assists in setting up video sets before webinars.
[ ] Assists in keeping track of questions during the webinars.
[ ] Posts any necessary links during the webinars.
[ ] Creates worksheets needed for webinars.
High School degree or equivalent.
Minimum two years college education.
Experience in customer service or marketing.
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Initiative, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus. Experience working on Kajabi, Active Campaign, Aweber, Word Press, Facebook, Book Like A Boss, and Google services (docs, sheets, drive). Some experience in graphic design and video editing.
Lyme Research & Healing Center (LR&HC) is an industry expert in delivering natural treatment and remedies for patients with multiple chronic infections. Here at LR&HC, we help chronically ill patients to identify and resolve their biggest obstacles to healing: infections, toxins, and inflammation. We help our patients to quickly regain their health so they can be the hero of their family, work, and their causes. We also teach medical providers how they can use cutting-edge technology and remedies to help their patients regain their functionality more rapidly.
We have found that helping over a thousand chronically ill people overcome their biggest health care challenges can be solved through applied research and customized treatments and remedies to produce real results with patients.
We have also found that when patients are freed from their debilitating infections and illnesses they become more passionate about helping others, which leads to great things happening in the world.
That’s why it’s our mission over the next 10 years to heal over 1 million people from the prison of Lyme disease and multiple chronic infections through a thousand medical providers, so they can make a positive impact with their families and bring positive change to the world.
The truth is that it can be lonely and hard to be a Lyme literate health care provider and we want to provide the next generation treatments, remedies, community, and inspiration for all those practitioners (and their patients) who choose this healing journey along with us.
To learn more about us, visit www.lymeresearchcenter.com
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
2. Cover Letter
3. Short Video (less than 5 min, upload on YouTube and send us the link) answering the following questions:
- Tell us a story about how you interacted with another person recently — in person or online — and how you helped them overcome a health issue, provided support, or just listened.
- Tell us about a major challenge that you overcame in your own life and what you learned from the experience.
- Describe an experience where you were totally overwhelmed by the amount of work on your plate. What was the situation? What did you do? How did it turn out?
- Tell us about a time you were given more work than you could accomplish by the deadlines you were given. What was the situation? How did you approach it? How did it turn out?
- What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?
- Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
4. A Writing Example:
As our Marketing Assistant and Social Media Manager, you will be the first point of contact with new clients.
We receive a large number of inquiries over email and phone. So we'd like a 1-2 paragraph example of your writing style to see how you engage in an emotional and professional way.
We are looking to see your communication skills, creativity, writing style, and critical thinking skills.
Don't worry about the specific details that you do not know, just give us a 1-2 paragraph example of how you would do 3 of the following:
- Promote Essential Oils for Stopping Neuro-Lyme Disease (our $1897 training):
- How would you direct people to this product via all social channels?
- Promote our Heal for Real community ($25 monthly or $250 yearly subscription):
- How would you direct people to this product via all social channels?
- Write a post that could be used for engaging Lyme disease medical practitioners in our Lyme Healer Association Facebook Community
- How would you start that conversation?
- Check out our blog for inspiration: https://goodbyelyme.com/blog/
- Please watch this testimonial from our Stopping Persistent Lyme Disease Training:
- How would you write a “shout out” post congratulating this student on their experience in the training?
- Write a creative post that announces our new business name Lyme Research & Healing Center, formerly the Two Frogs Healing Center.
5. Email your completed application (with all the pieces described above) to [email protected] with the subject line “I’m your Social Media / Marketing Superstar!”